PyScript and the magic of Python in the browser
- 30 minutes
Python running on the browser is the new frontier to creating true client-side web and mobile applications. Today we can many incredible things that were not possible just a few months ago before WASM, Pyodide and PyScript.
The talk will cover what's possible today, cover the major features offered by PyScript and walk through creating amazing applications and games with Python, on the browser, without the need for Python server-side logic.
A year after its announcement, PyScript is a very different project. From major performance improvements to great plugins, PyScript applications allow a new way to create fun and educational opportunities that were not possible until now. This talk summarizes the work done over the past year, and what you might expect in the future. In this talk I will:
- Give a quick overview of what PyScript is
- Talk about features and changes introduced this year:
- Support for the blazing-fast MicroPython interpreter
- Much improved Pythonic Dom interface
- Improved support for data
- Execution in web workers
- Many amazing plugins!
- Much more…
- Show how to create PyScript applications [running on the browser] and leverage the new possibilities that the web and the browser provide to the Python ecosystem
- Live demo of amazing [PyScript] web applications running Python on the browser
- Give you a sneak preview of some upcoming features
What should you expect? Fun! Yes, I promise we’ll make it fun :) To walk away with a good understanding of how to write a PyScript application To have an understanding of what parts of Python on the browser are different than “regular Python” See snippets and examples that you can use to build your own PyScript apps Why should you care? Python on the browser is the new frontier of Python. You’ll have the chance to learn more about it, how to create your own Python apps on the browser, and see what’s coming.