Testing is a crucial part of the software development process. But, with so many testing techniques available, it can be challenging to know which one to use. While unit testing is a popular technique, it's not always the most effective or efficient way to ensure software quality. In this talk, we’ll explore spec-based testing, a technique that focuses on verifying that the software behaves in accordance with its specifications or requirements.
Our focus in this talk will be on the benefits of spec-based testing, including:
- Problems with unit testing: How spec-based testing can bridge this gap.
- Improved test coverage: Spec-based testing will ensure all the requirements or specifications are covered by the test, thereby helping to attain better overall software quality.
- Reducing maintenance work: Since they are based on the software’s intended behaviour and not implementation details, spec-based tests are less likely to break due to changes in the code. This can lead to fewer tests needing to be maintained over time.
- Better alignment: Spec-based testing ensures that software meets its intended purpose as defined by the requirements or specifications.
- Benefits of spec-based testing
- How to boost your testing strategy with spec-based testing
- How to get started with spec-based testing in your own project development
- Learn how to identify functional requirements or specifications and create effective test cases